Wednesday, September 8, 2010

8th September
From: Tushar Joag <tjoag@yahoo.com>
To: Yun Chen
Cc: TZ Chang ; melancholy <;
毛韵超; Chaitanya Sambrani ; azure
Sent: Wed, 8 September, 2010 18:31:58
Subject: Visa in Kathmandu
Hello!
Reached Kathmandu yesterday
Met Mr. Laxman at the embassy today, He had no clue about anything!!
made an application but the man at the embassy window did not accept it he told me since I have a valid visa to China, (taken at Bombay) I can proceed -I dont need any additional stamps etc from here(Kathmandu)
I hope that is right
is there any way to cross check?
Tushar

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wed, 8 September, 2010 19:17:24

Dear Tushar

About the question, i've already call the travel agency to check it. they may contact Mr.Laxman soon to make sure all the visa details are enough.If we get any updates, we will tell you immediately.
just In case, to check again, you still arrange your arriving time to Zhangmu in 13th Sep as your proposal?
Good luck on your journey again~
Be care
Best Wishes 
Simon
sincerely yours, Huanzhi Xu

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wed, 8 September, 2010 19:32:39

Thanks for your prompt reply...
BUT Mr. Laxman  knew absolutely nothing about anything
I was extremely irritated with him as he had not found out anything he knows nothing about the procedure... he just kept following me around.
If the Travel agency calls him he will say what the clerk at the embassy told me. 
When I left the embassy I believed what the clerk had said but by evening started getting uneasy.
I asked around here with travel agencies who arrange tours to Mount Kailsh... they said they get a group visa for the trek. Have called some people in Bombay who have been on such a trek They also said they had a group visa with a trekking tour. 
I dont know if something like that is needed  and can be arranged at such a short notice. will go to the travel
 agency that had arranged their group visa tomorrow
Mr Laxman can't be relied upon

If all goes well with the mess with this visa issue  ...I am planning to be in Kodari one day in advance-on  the 12th so the crossing can be done on 13th
  • Who will meet me at the border?
  • At what time?
  • Can I have their names and phone numbers please?
  • What papers will they have with them?
Best
T
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wed, 8 September, 2010 19:51:31
Dear Tushar:
I am so sorry for Mr Laxman, 
But Don't worry so much, the travel agency told me that they would fix the issue. just take a rest for a while might be better. the contact info when crossing the border i will give you tomorrow, is that okay? got your info of crossing, i will notify them.
BW
Simon
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wed, 8 September, 2010 20:33:15
Thanks Simon!
I am busy looking up the net for blogs and travel logs of other travelers.

one blog says the person needed to get a stamp from the Kathmandu Embassy saying 'entry point Zhangmu' but that is from 1997 

 I looked up the Chinese embassy, Kathmandu web site there are these phone numbers 
Address: 
Consulatr section:
Hattisar, Naxal, Kathmandu, Nepal
Tel:
+977-1-4440286(Chinese, English, Nepali)
+977-9851071666(mobile, 24 hours, in Chinese & Nepali)
+977-9851034088(mobile, in Chinese & Tibetan)
+977-9851046472(mobile, 24 hours, in Chinese & English)
Fax: +977-1-4438260
There is a 24 hr line so I called up and the person asked me if I have 'remarks' on my  Visa... I said no.. asked him what kind of remarks? he would not say then he told me
 I need to have permits from Lahsa. which I presume is what the agency you have employed has organised. So told him I have those... so he asked me which dept has issued these permits ... I did not know the answer to this  so he said I cant go! 
Do you think someone can talk to the embassy 24 hr line and clarify this?
I am really really worried sick now!
Best,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment