Monday, September 6, 2010

6th Sep
Left at 8:30  from the hotel for Bharatpur
First stop was at a hardware store a bolt of the side car I realized had come loose and fallen off… had to replace that.( Had to do a general check of nuts bolts, tyres, oil levels often before leaving in the mornings)
Great road and a short distance to go. I had made small packages for Nepal as the maps showed that the trail would be mostly mountainous and I was told I could expect landslides and roadblocks due to the rains. There was one this morning on the way here but most of it had been cleared by the time I reached the spot.

Apart from that one range I had to cross, the Siwalik ran parallel to my route, 
It was a pleasure riding. I realized I was riding like a fugitive all through the Indian leg.I had to reach the destination in time. I had an agenda… yesterday and today it was easy short distances and no one to meet at the end of the road. Earlier I stopped only when I couldn’t anymore take my body’s protests. Today I could stop, cruise, sip tea, whenever I saw a charming spot.

I reached Bharatpur but thinking it was a big town drove right through it. Realising at a toll gate that I had overshot… had to go back 4 km! After rejecting 3 dingy shady looking places, found an amazing place for just INR 780/- with air conditioned rooms, a secure parking for Rocinante, a pool , great space behind full of trees, a lovely mango grove… what’s more they have wifi and accept credit cards!


Had Nepali set for lunch. The sun was blazing down ... I dived into the pool and floated around...
took a nap read, made notes, 

No comments:

Post a Comment